- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)22
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
McBride's lead over Reno dwindling, both sides say
MIAMI -- Bill McBride's lead over Janet Reno in Florida's Democratic gubernatorial primary has dwindled to 5,685 votes, according to numbers released Sunday by both campaigns.
Reno and McBride campaign officials said they learned the former U.S. attorney general has picked up 2,511 votes in Miami-Dade County based on rechecked ballots cast in precincts that had experienced technical problems.
In the state's unofficial totals, McBride held a 8,196-vote lead, a larger margin than the half-a-percentage point that was necessary to trigger a statewide recount by law.