- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
McBride's lead over Reno dwindling, both sides say
MIAMI -- Bill McBride's lead over Janet Reno in Florida's Democratic gubernatorial primary has dwindled to 5,685 votes, according to numbers released Sunday by both campaigns.
Reno and McBride campaign officials said they learned the former U.S. attorney general has picked up 2,511 votes in Miami-Dade County based on rechecked ballots cast in precincts that had experienced technical problems.
In the state's unofficial totals, McBride held a 8,196-vote lead, a larger margin than the half-a-percentage point that was necessary to trigger a statewide recount by law.