- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
McBride's lead over Reno dwindling, both sides say
MIAMI -- Bill McBride's lead over Janet Reno in Florida's Democratic gubernatorial primary has dwindled to 5,685 votes, according to numbers released Sunday by both campaigns.
Reno and McBride campaign officials said they learned the former U.S. attorney general has picked up 2,511 votes in Miami-Dade County based on rechecked ballots cast in precincts that had experienced technical problems.
In the state's unofficial totals, McBride held a 8,196-vote lead, a larger margin than the half-a-percentage point that was necessary to trigger a statewide recount by law.