- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Cigarette butt, DNA help police crack case on 2013 Cape copper heist (7/17/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Navy SEALs endorse Peter Kinder for governor (7/17/16)10
McBride's lead over Reno dwindling, both sides say
MIAMI -- Bill McBride's lead over Janet Reno in Florida's Democratic gubernatorial primary has dwindled to 5,685 votes, according to numbers released Sunday by both campaigns.
Reno and McBride campaign officials said they learned the former U.S. attorney general has picked up 2,511 votes in Miami-Dade County based on rechecked ballots cast in precincts that had experienced technical problems.
In the state's unofficial totals, McBride held a 8,196-vote lead, a larger margin than the half-a-percentage point that was necessary to trigger a statewide recount by law.