- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
WEST FRANKFORT, Ill. -- Freddie L. Ashley, 74, of West Frankfort and formerly of Jonesboro, Ill., died Friday, Sept. 13, 2002, at Herrin Hospital in Herrin, Ill.
He was born July 5, 1928, at Reynoldsville, Ill., son of Arthur and Dona Godwin Ashley. He was a disabled veteran who served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include one nephew, Charles Mathis Ashley; one aunt, Clela Wenger of Jonesboro; and several cousins.
Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Jonesboro Cemetery, with the Rev. Joe Aldridge officiating.
Hileman and Parr Funeral Services of Jonesboro is in charge of the arrangements.