- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Bruce Fleisher shot a 6-under 64 a day after matching the Senior PGA Tour record with a 60 to take a five-stroke lead in the RJR Championship. Fleisher, seeking his first victory of the year after winning 14 times in his first three seasons on the senior tour, broke the senior record for consecutive rounds with his 124 total. Isao Aoki set the previous mark of 125 in the 1997 Emerald Coast Classic, and Walter Morgan matched it this year in the AT&T Canada Senior Open.
England's Paul Casey shot a course-record 10-under 62 to take a two-stroke lead in the German Masters. Casey had an eagle, nine birdies and a bogey to break the mark of 63 set by Australia's Rodger Davis in 1998 on the Gut Laerchenhof course. Casey had a 19-under 197 total.
Defenseman Mattias Norstrom, who led the Kings in ice time last season, agreed to terms on a multiyear contract extension. Terms were not disclosed. The 30-year-old Norstrom's original deal was to end after the 2002-03 season, which would have made him an unrestricted free agent.
Jose Acasuso saved three match points before upsetting top seed and local favorite Andrei Pavel, 4-6, 7-6 (7-4), 6-1, in the semifinals of the $356,000 Romania Open.
Emily Johnson led the way with 13 kills. Bobbi Carlisle was solid again with 12 kills, and Sarah Frost put up 12 kills as well.
The Otahkians will make their home debut Tuesday against St. Louis University.
-- From staff, wire reports