- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
Area digest 9/15/02
Southeast drops final Jayhawk Classic
LAWERENCE, Kan.--Southeast (5-7) dropped its final match of the Jayhawk Classic 31-29, 30-28, 30-21, to Marquette on Saturday.
Emily Johnson led the way with 13 kills. Bobbi Carlisle was solid again with 12 kills, and Sarah Frost put up 12 kills as well.
The Otahkians will make their home debut Tuesday night against St. Louis University. Southeast opens Ohio Valley Conference play on Friday at home against Eastern Kentucky.