- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Kenneth R. Poole, 57, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Sept. 12, 2002, at his home.
He was born Sept. 5, 1945, in Cape Girardeau, son of Jesse and Eva Burgens Poole. He and Mima B. Mayberry were married Dec. 13, 1963, in Jackson, Mo.
Poole was a harbor mate with Ingram Barge Line 16 years. He previously worked for Coast Towing Co. 11 years and had also worked for Apex Oil.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Kevin Poole of Jackson; a daughter, Verna Shelton of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Harley Poole of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Verda Cavaness of Scott City, Mo., Thelma Bell of Cape Girardeau; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, five brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today, and Sunday from 9 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jeffrey Sippy officiating. Burial will be in Hanover Lutheran Church Cemetery.