- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Park Hills Central deals St. Vincent a shutout
PARK HILLS, Mo. -- St. Vincent gave up its first touchdown with 42 seconds left in the first quarter Friday, the first of several scores by Park Hills Central in St. Vincent's 30-0 loss Friday.
Jake Johnson ran the football 15 yards into the end zone to score Central's second touchdown with 9:28 left in the half. The conversion didn't connect for Central, making the score 12-0.
Central quarterback Matt Martin handed off to Johnson later in the second half for another TD; Johnson took the ball 78 yards for Central's third touchdown of the game and the roll was on.
Johnson finished with 167 yards rushing.
The loss dropped St. Vincent to 1-1 a week after its win over Priory. Central is 2-0.