- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Swingle's book memorializes our community
To the editor:
Thank you for your editorial, "Prosecutor's novel fulfills longtime dream," about Morley Swingle's book. He just phoned me to make sure I'd seen it. He was obviously moved by its coverage.
Besides being informative, it also shared with the community the story of Morley's dream and persistence, an inspiration to all of us. He never let quotidian life bury his dream, nor has he let the huge amount of work in editing, revising and preparation for the book's release stop or even slow him down. He is admirably prompt.
We're truly fortunate to have this talented and energetic person working for our community and memorializing it in print. Thanks for your recognition of his efforts.
Southeast Missouri State University Press