- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Swingle's book memorializes our community
To the editor:
Thank you for your editorial, "Prosecutor's novel fulfills longtime dream," about Morley Swingle's book. He just phoned me to make sure I'd seen it. He was obviously moved by its coverage.
Besides being informative, it also shared with the community the story of Morley's dream and persistence, an inspiration to all of us. He never let quotidian life bury his dream, nor has he let the huge amount of work in editing, revising and preparation for the book's release stop or even slow him down. He is admirably prompt.
We're truly fortunate to have this talented and energetic person working for our community and memorializing it in print. Thanks for your recognition of his efforts.
Southeast Missouri State University Press