- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
The Giants won their coin flip against the Dodgers for the home-field advantage if they need a playoff to break a tie in the NL wild-card race. The Angels won their flip against the Athletics and would be home if a playoff is needed to decide the AL West title.
A jury will decide who gets the ball Barry Bonds hit for his record 73rd homer. Two men claimed ownership of the ball, which has an estimated value of $1 million, and each wanted Judge James J. McBride to grant him possession without a trial.
Bulls rookie guard Roger Mason Jr. underwent surgery that successfully repaired a dislocated right shoulder. The Bulls expect him to be playing again in four months.
Browns linebacker Dwayne Rudd, whose 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct set up Kansas City's winning field goal, was fined $5,000 by the NFL.
Defensive tackle Wendell Bryant, the Cardinals' first-round draft pick, ended his holdout and agreed to a five-year, $7.5 million contract that includes a $5.5 million signing bonus.
Police are investigating whether a woman who accused Steelers running back Jerome Bettis of sexual assault lied as part of a blackmail scheme, two high-ranking law enforcement officials said.
Prosecutors dropped their case against Raiders defensive tackle Darrell Russell, claiming they could not prove he videotaped a woman being raped by two of his friends.
Falcons cornerback Ray Buchanan and Bears safety Damon Moore were suspended for four games each for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
Stephen Leaney shot an 8-under 64 to take a one-stroke lead in the German Masters.
-- From wire reports