- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Chantelle Becking strives to make a difference through her family and community (11/10/17)
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Jackson elementary students try to help others with 'kindness boxes' (11/6/17)1
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Search reveals body in lake near Poplar Bluff; foul play suspected (11/12/17)
Top Russian oil executive kidnapped
MOSCOW -- A top executive in Russia's biggest oil company was seized by masked gunmen on his way to work Thursday morning, the company's press service said.
Lukoil Chief Financial Officer Sergei Kukura, 48, was being driven to work by his driver and bodyguard when his car was stopped at a railroad crossing by the abductors who were armed with Kalashnikov rifles, the press service said.