- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Forty teams will kick off annual tournament today
The 15th annual B.A. Sports High School Volleyball Tournament begins today at four different sites in Cape Girardeau.
The 40-team tournament consists of eight five-team pools, who will contest round-robin play today and Saturday. The top two teams in each pool advance to the 16-team gold playoff bracket and the third- and fourth-place teams will compete in the silver playoff bracket. Bracket play begins Saturday afternoon and concludes with 6:30 p.m. championship games at the Show Me Center.
Pool play begins at 5 p.m. today and concludes Saturday morning. Pool play sites are Notre Dame Regional High School, Southeast Missouri Student Recreation Center, Show Me Center and Houck Field House.
Admission is $5 for adults per session or $12 for a weekend pass; $2 for ages 18 and under per session or $5 for a weekend pass. Children under 2 are free.