- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Robert G. Landers, 69, of Downers Grove, Ill., died Thursday, Aug. 1, 2002, in Downers Grove.
He was born Dec. 18, 1932, in Melbourne, Ark., son of Robert Harrison and Virginia May Gaston Landers. He and Jo Ann Schaefer were married June 2, 1957, in Cape Girardeau.
Landers was an engineer with Natural Gas Pipeline 34 years. He was a member of Red Star Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Dirk Landers of Addison, Ill., Jason Landers of Elburn, Ill.; a daughter, Stacy Mungerson of Downers Grove; and three grandchildren.
There is no visitation.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. The Rev. Cy Smith will officiate. Entombment will be in Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum.