- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Former worker claims clinics use unlicensed help
To the editor:
Megan Allen, a former Planned Parenthood employee in California who describes herself as being concerned for the safety of women, is suing two Planned Parenthood clinics, accusing them of using unlicensed workers to assist in abortions and of not following safety procedures. Unqualified employees, she said, are people without any medical background who are trained in-house.
When Allen complained about quite a few violations of the law, she was fired. She is seeking back pay and punitive damages.
Ironic, isn't it? Our government supports Planned Parenthood businesses, masquerading as health clinics, that not only slaughter hundreds of thousands of babies, but who also break federal and state laws. I thought lawbreakers were supposed to be brought before the bench to answer for their crimes.