- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Martin Farris Jr.
ULLIN, Ill. -- Martin Luther Farris Jr., 70, of Ullin died Monday, Sept. 9, 2002, at the Veteran Affairs Medical Center in Marion, Ill.
He was born Aug. 6, 1932, at Miller City, Ill., son of Martin Luther and Lena Phelps Farris Sr. He married Charlotte Calvin.
Farris was a retired farmer and lumberjack.
He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Wilma Kindle of Bloomington, Ill., Alice Sheible of Mounds, Ill.; and three grandchildren.
There is no visitation.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Rose Hill Cemetery in Pulaski, Ill. The Rev. Robert Goins will officiate.
Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill., is in charge of arrangements.