- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MINER, Mo. -- Mary Jolene McIlroy, 88, of Miner Nursing Center died Sunday, Sept. 8, 2002, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
She was born Dec. 4, 1913, at Bertrand, Mo., daughter of Grady and Lena Winslow McAdoo. She and Calvert E. McIlroy were married Dec. 31, 1933. He died Feb. 11, 1989.
McIlroy lived at Bertrand most of her life. She was a member of Bertrand United Methodist Church, and was a foster grandmother at Kenny Rogers Cerebral Palsy Center in Sikeston.
Survivors include a son, Ethard McIlroy of Gary, Ind.; a daughter, Diane Stinnett of Sikeston; a brother, Dale McAdoo of Merrillville, Ind.; six grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie, Mo., after 5 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Rick Lasley officiating. Burial will be in Armer Cemetery.