- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Ella Needy Tullock, 64, of Mounds died Monday, Sept. 9, 2002, at her home.
She was born Ella Irene Bennett on Sept. 17, 1937, at Thebes, Ill., the daughter of Harry Bennett and Margaret Edmundson Bennett Jordan.
She attended the Methodist Church in Tamms, Ill. She was a registered nurse and was employed by the Fellowship House in Anna, Ill., as a treatment supervisor.
She is survived by her mother; two sons, Robby Needy of Fenton, Mo., and Chuck Needy of St. Louis; two daughters, Debra Beisner and Karrie Smith, both of St. Louis; two brothers, Charles Bennett of Tamms and Jack Bennett of Anna; four sisters, Mary Chester of Goreville, Ill., Hazel Vaughn of Mounds, June Plumb of Arnold, Mo., and JoAnn Benefield of Tamms; five grandchildren, and a special friend and companion, Robert Lieb of Mounds.
She was preceded in death by her father.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home with Michael Vaughn officiating.
Interment will be at Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge, Ill. The Rev. Gary Carstens will conduct the committal service.