- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
JACKSON, Mo. -- Evelyn "Sue" Rollins, 67, of Jackson died Sunday, Sept. 8, 2002, near her home.
She was born May 29, 1935, at Gray Ridge, Mo., daughter of Fielden and Eunice M. Pippins McBroom. She and Carlton B. Rollins were married Dec. 27, 1986, in Cahokia, Ill. He died Aug. 28, 2002.
Rollins retired from Brown Shoe Co. in Bernie, Mo., in 1977. She worked at General Motors in St. Louis and Oklahoma City, Okla., from 1977 to 1990, and retired from Silver Dollar City at Branson, Mo., in 2000.
She then moved to Jackson from Kimberling City, Mo. She was a member of the Church of Christ in Jackson.
Survivors include a son, Keith Rollins of El Segundo, Calif.; four daughters, Glenda Mallett of Malden, Mo., Cindy Owens of Salem, Ill., Lori Bradford of Ravenden, Ark., Debbie Leonard of El Segundo; and a foster daughter, Melissa Nelson of Maynard, Ark.
Also surviving are three brothers, Jerry McBroom of Pevely, Mo., Darrell McBroom of Oak Ridge, Tenn., Bill McBroom of Dexter, Mo.; three sisters, Betty Risse of Columbia, Ill., Lena Rogers and Pat Blankenship of Dexter; nine grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Bryan McAlister officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Hill Cemetery.