- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
JACKSON, Mo. -- Roxanna Susan Sooudi and Matthew Campbell Statler were married Sept. 1, 2001, at Bottega in Birmingham, Ala. Dr. Walter Rosin performed the ceremony. Violinist was Dr. Theodore Haddin of Birmingham.
Parents of the bride are Dr. Iradj and Parvin Sooudi of Birmingham. The groom is the son of Judge Peter and Judy Statler of Jackson.
Maids of honor were Pardis and Shiva Sooudi of Birmingham, sisters of the bride.
Travis Statler of Cape Girardeau and Daniel Statler of Jackson served their brother as best men.
Flower girl was Ava Bayani and her escort was Nojan Kazerouni, children of Mohammad Kazerouni and Nora Bayani of Berkeley, Calif., cousins of the bride. Ringbearer was Emiliano Vargas, son of Paloma Martinez-Cruz and Jaime Vargas of New York, N.Y.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Bottega.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 31 at Chez Fon Fon in Birmingham.
Mrs. Statler received a bachelor of arts degree in psychology and Spanish from Vanderbilt University, and was a doctoral candidate in Latin American literature at Columbia University.
The groom received a bachelor of arts degree in Spanish and philosophy from the University of Missouri-Columbia, and a doctorate in philosophy from Vanderbilt. He is a research fellow at Imagination Lab Foundation in Lausanne, Switzerland.
After a wedding trip to Seaside, Fla., the couple resides in Switzerland.