- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
JACKSON, Mo. -- Roxanna Susan Sooudi and Matthew Campbell Statler were married Sept. 1, 2001, at Bottega in Birmingham, Ala. Dr. Walter Rosin performed the ceremony. Violinist was Dr. Theodore Haddin of Birmingham.
Parents of the bride are Dr. Iradj and Parvin Sooudi of Birmingham. The groom is the son of Judge Peter and Judy Statler of Jackson.
Maids of honor were Pardis and Shiva Sooudi of Birmingham, sisters of the bride.
Travis Statler of Cape Girardeau and Daniel Statler of Jackson served their brother as best men.
Flower girl was Ava Bayani and her escort was Nojan Kazerouni, children of Mohammad Kazerouni and Nora Bayani of Berkeley, Calif., cousins of the bride. Ringbearer was Emiliano Vargas, son of Paloma Martinez-Cruz and Jaime Vargas of New York, N.Y.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Bottega.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 31 at Chez Fon Fon in Birmingham.
Mrs. Statler received a bachelor of arts degree in psychology and Spanish from Vanderbilt University, and was a doctoral candidate in Latin American literature at Columbia University.
The groom received a bachelor of arts degree in Spanish and philosophy from the University of Missouri-Columbia, and a doctorate in philosophy from Vanderbilt. He is a research fellow at Imagination Lab Foundation in Lausanne, Switzerland.
After a wedding trip to Seaside, Fla., the couple resides in Switzerland.