- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
BERTRAND, Mo. -- James Aubrey Shaw, 94, of Bertrand, Mo., died Friday, Sept. 6, 2002, at the Bertrand Nursing Center.
He was born Sept. 18, 1907, in Columbus, Miss., son of James Benjamin and Jimmie Shelton Shaw. On Sept. 16, 1928, he married Wilma Lee Andrews, who died Dec. 5, 1961. On Aug. 20, 1963, he married Halleen Choate Cook, who died Jan. 26, 1993.
Shaw moved to Charleston, Mo., in 1951 to continue his career as an electrical lineman. He moved to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., in 1963, then to Bertrand in 1975, following his retirement in 1974.
From 1954-1959, Shaw was proprietor of the Lusk Chapel Grocery Store, north of Charleston. He was a 60-year member of the International Brotherhood Electrical Workers Union, a 50-year member of the Charleston Masonic Lodge 407 AF & AM.
Survivors include one son, Henry "Hank" Shaw of Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; two daughters, June Collier of Charleston and Linda Barry of Memphis, Tenn.; four stepdaughters, Jeannette Blain of Sierra Vista, Ariz., Dorothy Burton and Connie Groves, both of Sikeston, and Cathy Yoakum of Columbia, Mo.; six grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by one great-grandson.
Friends may call at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston from 5 to 8 p.m. today, with Masonic services at 7 p.m.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday in the funeral chapel, with Rev. Gerald Collier officiating. Burial will be in I.O.O.F. Cemetery.