- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Four hurt in accident near McClure
McCLURE, Ill. -- Two people from Cape Girardeau sustained major injuries Friday in a two-car collision on the Grapevine Trail.
One of the drivers, Misty Conway, 20, was taken to St. Francis Medical Center with major injuries after the 2:30 p.m. accident.
Tim Vick, age unavailable, was taken to Southeast Missouri Hospital with major injuries. He was a passenger in a vehicle driven by Joseph Davis, 28, of Cape Girardeau. Davis had minor injuries. Another passenger in his vehicle, James Pink, also had minor injuries.
The accident occurred about 5 miles east of McClure.
According to the Illinois State Police, Conway was driving eastbound when she lost control of her car and ran off the road. Her vehicle came back on the road and was struck by the Davis vehicle, police said.
Conway was charged with improper lane use and operating an uninsured vehicle.