- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ST. MARY'S, Mo. -- Ira J. Franklin, 88, of St. Mary's died Thursday, Sept. 5, 2002, at his home.
He was born Aug. 28, 1914, at Sereno, Mo., son of Charles William "Jack" and Elizabeth Cissell Franklin. He and Rose Emma Bruckerhoff were married July 25, 1936, at Sereno.
Survivors include two sons, Floyd Franklin of Brewer, Mo., Cecil Franklin of Oak Ridge, Mo.; four daughters, Kay Franklin and Rita Pucong of Kona, Hawaii, Audry Schmelzle of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., Mary Franklin of Ironton, Mo.; 14 grandchildren; and 19 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his wife; four brothers, and three sisters.
Friends may call at Basler Funeral Home in Ste. Genevieve from 3 to 9 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Immaculate Conception Church in St. Mary's. Burial will be in the church cemetery.