- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Anna Bidewell, 93, of Advance died Thursday, Sept. 5, 2002, at Advance Nursing Center.
She was born March 21, 1909, near Advance, daughter of William and Maude Helderman Jenkins. She and Glen Bidewell were married April 12, 1928, near Bloomfield, Mo. He died Nov. 30, 1971.
Bidewell was a member of Advance United Methodist Church, former Sunday School teacher and youth director. She was instrumental in organizing Pleasant Hill Cemetery Memorial Association and served as treasurer 13 years, and was a member and past president of Wednesday Study Club.
She was a member and past matron of Advance Chapter 412 Order of Eastern Star. In 1968 she served the 50th District as deputy grand matron of the Grand Chapter of Missouri OES, and was grand representative of Missouri OES three years. Bidewell was also a member and past president of Ladies Scottish Rite of Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include a sister, Myrtle Hitt of Advance.
She was preceded in death by three sisters and three brothers.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday. Eastern Star rites will be at 7 p.m.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Advance United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Tom Zych officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.