- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
The Cardinals said they plan to move the Charlotte Rangers franchise from Port Charlotte, Fla., to Palm Beach County, Fla., where the team would play at St. Louis' spring-training complex at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter. Doing so, among other things, would allow the Cardinals to expand their Palm Beach County operations to a year-round presence.
A lawyer for the Expos' former minority owners promises a court fight if baseball tries to move the team to Washington. The commissioner's office, still unsure whether it will attempt to move the franchise, submitted legal papers to the lawsuit filed in July by the Expos' former limited partners.
Yankees closer Mariano Rivera, out because of a right shoulder strain, started a throwing program. Rivera said he felt "fine" after playing catch with Yankees' roving pitching coordinator Rick Tomlin. It was the first time the reliever has thrown in three weeks.
Patriots linebacker Ted Johnson returned to the team but declined to give a specific reason for his three-day absence.
Eagles Pro Bowl cornerback Troy Vincent is doubtful for Sunday's opener against the Tennessee Titans because of a bone bruise in his left knee.
The Jaguars suspended linebacker T.J. Slaughter for four games after violating the NFL policy on anabolic steroids and related substances. The team also added Mark Brunell to their injury report, listing him as probable after he strained his groin in practice.
Browns starting quarterback Tim Couch probably will not play Sunday, while running back William Green will be ready.
Tracy Hanson shot a 6-under 64 to take a one-stroke lead over U.S. Solheim Cup player Cristie Kerr after the first round of the Williams Championship.
Two-time U.S. Open champion Andy North shot an 8-under 64 to take a two-shot lead over Bob Gilder and Mike Smith after the first round of the Kroger Senior Classic.
-- From wire reports