- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MILLERSVILLE, Mo. -- Ronnie K. Austin, 69, of Peoria, Ill., died Friday, Aug. 16, 2002, at his home.
He was born Aug. 20, 1932, at Scopus, Mo., son of Cad Jefferson and Bertha Florence Huffman Austin.
Formerly of Millersville, he was a 1949 graduate of Jackson High School in Jackson, Mo. He had worked at Superior Electric Co. from 1949 to 1957 and at Davis Electric Co. from 1958 to 1965, both in Cape Girardeau. He later worked at Caterpillar Tractor Co. in Peoria and at Yeoman's Distributing Co.
Austin served in the U.S. Army Signal Corps during the Korean War.
Survivors include a son, Joe Austin of Fort Myers, Fla.; a daughter, Sue Masters of Pawnee, Ill.; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a sister.
A private family service was held Aug. 23 at Austin-Limbaugh Cemetery in Millersville.
The Creation Society of Mid-Illinois Co. was in charge of arrangements.