- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Gene Holder Sr.
SCOTT CITY, Mo. -- Eugene Ivan "Gene" Holder Sr., 73, of Scott City died Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2002, at Chaffee Nursing Center in Chaffee, Mo.
He was born March 30, 1929, in St. Louis, son of James Tipton and Elsie May Taylor Holder II. He and Catherine Ann Harris were married Dec. 12, 1991, at Benton, Mo.
Holder had been a riverboat engineer, and member of Apostolic Lighthouse Church.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Gene Holder Jr. and Rick Holder of St. Louis; a daughter, Sharon Holder of Farmington, Mo.; three stepsons, Darrell and Larry Hanshew of Scott City, Dennis Hanshew of Tamms, Ill.; a sister, Jaqueline Owens of Chesterfield, Ill.; and eight grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers, and a sister.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Robert Smithey officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery.