- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
The funeral for Jeanette M. Ervin of Cape Girardeau will be held at 11 a.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. The Rev. Cy Smith will officiate. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Friends may call at the funeral home from 9 a.m. until service time.
Ervin, 88, died Monday, Sept. 2, 2002, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born March 7, 1914, at Allenville, Mo., daughter of Allie and Marzella Kinder Givens. She and Willis L. Ervin were married Jan. 14, 1933, at Benton, Mo. He died March 18, 1992.
Ervin worked at International Shoe Co. 25 years, and owned and operated Ervin's Upholstering 20 years in Farmington, Mo. She retired in 1984 and returned to Cape Girardeau. She was a member of Red Star Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, Ron Ervin of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Carol Scholl of Jackson, Mo.; a sister, Retha Williamson of Overland Park, Kan.; five grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.