- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
BERWYN, Ill. -- Roy Kenneth Burns, 62, of Berwyn died Friday, Aug. 30, 2002, on his farm near Dongola, Ill.
He was born Jan. 24, 1940, in Thebes, Ill., son of Houston Samuel and Wanda Violet Abernathie Burns. He and Patricia Lee Mair were married Sept. 3, 1960, in Cicero, Ill.
Burns was a bricklayer. He was a member of Bricklayers Allied Craftsman Local 74 in Westmont, Ill.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Cory Burns of Woodridge, Ill., Kenneth Burns of North Riverside, Ill., Jeffrey Burns of Berwyn; four brothers, Buster Burns of Dongola, Sammy Burns of Hometown, Ill., Marshall Burns of Dongola, and Jimmy Burns of Fort Mill, S.C.
Also surviving are five sisters, Fannie Campbell of Channahon, Ill., Virginia McIntyre and Carita Miller of Anna, Ill., Doris Bullock of Jonesboro, Ill., Jerre Dover of Lancaster, Ohio; and four grandchildren.
Friends may call at Svec and Sons Funeral Home in Berwyn from 2 to 9 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Mount Auburn Cemetery in Stickney, Ill.
Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna was in charge of local arrangements.