- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
DYERSBURG, Tenn. -- Rosemary Millar, 58, of Dyersburg died Friday, Aug. 30, 2002, at Dyersburg Methodist Hospital.
She was born July 11, 1944, in Sikeston, Mo., the daughter of John and Mary Francis Welsh Hooper. She married Bob Millar on Dec. 23, 1966, in Sikeston. He survives of Dyersburg.
She was an educator for years and then was a juvenile officer for the state of Tennessee.
She also is survived by a brother, John Raymond Hooper of Chesterfield, Ill.; and two sisters, Betty Ellington of Portageville, Mo., Patricia Bixler of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Graveside services were held Sunday at the Portageville Cemetery in Portageville with the Rev. Henry Grodecki officiating.
DeLisle Funeral Home in Portageville was in charge of arrangements.