- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
DYERSBURG, Tenn. -- Rosemary Millar, 58, of Dyersburg died Friday, Aug. 30, 2002, at Dyersburg Methodist Hospital.
She was born July 11, 1944, in Sikeston, Mo., the daughter of John and Mary Francis Welsh Hooper. She married Bob Millar on Dec. 23, 1966, in Sikeston. He survives of Dyersburg.
She was an educator for years and then was a juvenile officer for the state of Tennessee.
She also is survived by a brother, John Raymond Hooper of Chesterfield, Ill.; and two sisters, Betty Ellington of Portageville, Mo., Patricia Bixler of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Graveside services were held Sunday at the Portageville Cemetery in Portageville with the Rev. Henry Grodecki officiating.
DeLisle Funeral Home in Portageville was in charge of arrangements.