- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
DYERSBURG, Tenn. -- Rosemary Millar, 58, of Dyersburg died Friday, Aug. 30, 2002, at Dyersburg Methodist Hospital.
She was born July 11, 1944, in Sikeston, Mo., the daughter of John and Mary Francis Welsh Hooper. She married Bob Millar on Dec. 23, 1966, in Sikeston. He survives of Dyersburg.
She was an educator for years and then was a juvenile officer for the state of Tennessee.
She also is survived by a brother, John Raymond Hooper of Chesterfield, Ill.; and two sisters, Betty Ellington of Portageville, Mo., Patricia Bixler of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Graveside services were held Sunday at the Portageville Cemetery in Portageville with the Rev. Henry Grodecki officiating.
DeLisle Funeral Home in Portageville was in charge of arrangements.