- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
LEOPOLD, Mo. -- Berenetta L. Elfrink, 62, of Leopold died Sunday, Sept. 1, 2002, at her home following an illness.
She was born Jan. 5, 1940, at Glenallen, Mo., the daughter of Jim R. and Hazel Sitze Moore. She married Fred J. Elfrink June 21, 1957. He preceded her in death Dec. 25, 1998.
She was co-owner of the Elfrink Package Store in Marble Hill, Mo., for many years. She was a member of St. John's Catholic Church in Leopold.
She is survived by her father of Marble Hill; a son, Todd Elfrink of Leopold; a daughter, Tina Mouser of Leopold; two sisters, Shirley Houston of Marble Hill, Sylvia "Bea" Jordan of Cape Girardeau; and two grandchildren.
She also was preceded in death by her mother.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at the Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill. The rosary will be recited by the Knights of Columbus at 7p.m.
A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m.. Wednesday at St. John's Catholic Church in Leopold with the Rev. Bill Huggins officiating.
Burial will be at the church cemetery.