- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
LEOPOLD, Mo. -- Berenetta L. Elfrink, 62, of Leopold died Sunday, Sept. 1, 2002, at her home following an illness.
She was born Jan. 5, 1940, at Glenallen, Mo., the daughter of Jim R. and Hazel Sitze Moore. She married Fred J. Elfrink June 21, 1957. He preceded her in death Dec. 25, 1998.
She was co-owner of the Elfrink Package Store in Marble Hill, Mo., for many years. She was a member of St. John's Catholic Church in Leopold.
She is survived by her father of Marble Hill; a son, Todd Elfrink of Leopold; a daughter, Tina Mouser of Leopold; two sisters, Shirley Houston of Marble Hill, Sylvia "Bea" Jordan of Cape Girardeau; and two grandchildren.
She also was preceded in death by her mother.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at the Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill. The rosary will be recited by the Knights of Columbus at 7p.m.
A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m.. Wednesday at St. John's Catholic Church in Leopold with the Rev. Bill Huggins officiating.
Burial will be at the church cemetery.