- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MORLEY, Mo. -- Charles C. McCann, 71, of Morley died Saturday, Aug. 31, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Jan. 20, 1931, in Sikeston, Mo., the son of Tricie and Edna Counsil McCann. He married Annette Childers on March 17, 1978. She survives.
He was a retired mechanic for the Scott County Highway Department in Benton, Mo.
He also is survived by a son, Chris McCann of Morley; five daughters, Angela McCann and Ashley McCann, both of Morley, Jeannie Newby of Webb City, Mo., Trecia Taylor of Sikeston and Laurel Mooneyhan of Newport Richey, Fla.; a brother, Bill McCann of Bertrand, Mo.; three sisters, Clara Lingle of New Madrid, Mo., and Norma Yant and Ann Pearson, both of Sikeston; a grandson, Hunter McCann, who was raised in Charles' home, of Morley; six other grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren.
His was preceded in death by his parents and a granddaughter.
Visitation will be after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Home in Oran, Mo.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home with the Rev. Jim Matthews officiating.
Burial will be at Forest Hills Memorial Gardens near Morley.