- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jill Renee Johnson and Shawn Lane Neumeyer were united in marriage June 1, 2002, at St. Mary's Cathedral. Msgr. Richard Rolwing performed the ceremony. Organist was Brenda Neumeyer, aunt of the groom, and soloist was Christy Shinn.
The bride is the daughter of Joyce Johnson of Cape Girardeau, and the late James W. "Jay" Johnson. The groom is the son of Glenn and Pat Neumeyer of Jackson, Mo.
Matron of honor was Jeana Stanhope of Cape Girardeau, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Melissa Spaeth of St. Louis, Kim Adams of Jackson, and Kelli and Regan Hobbs of Chesterfield, Mo.
Derrick Deneke of DesMoines, Iowa, was best man. Groomsmen were Kirk Miller, Joel Sander, Geoff Shinn and Michael Martin, all of Jackson. Ushers were Brent Neumeyer, brother of the groom, and J.J. Wiseman, both of Jackson.
Flower girls were Adisynne and McKynlee Neumeyer, daughters of Roger and Lisa Neumeyer of Sikeston, Mo., and nieces of the groom.
Candlelighters were Amy McIntosh of Kelso, Mo., and Amy Nicholas of Arnold, Mo.
Tonya Landewee of Jackson attended the guest book.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Route 25 Hall in Jackson.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner May 31 at their home.
Mrs. Neumeyer received a bachelor of science degree in radiologic sciences from Southern Illinois University-Carbondale in 1999. She is employed in the Ultrasound Department at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
The groom received a bachelor of science degree in agriculture/business from Southeast University in 1999. He is employed by Nothdurft Farms in Oran, Mo.
After a wedding trip to Negril, Jamaica, the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.