- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Hazel L. Davis, 92, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Aug. 31, 2002, at her home.
She was born July 7, 1910, in Cape Girardeau County, daughter of Roy "Price" and Rozena Jane O'Guin Knight. She and James "Mack" Matthew Davis were married Feb. 8, 1930, at Cairo, Ill.
Davis worked as a cook on a riverboat owned by Marquette Cement Co. She was a member of Bethany Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau. She lived in Commerce, Mo., many years before moving to Cape Girardeau 12 years ago.
Survivors include one brother, Roy Lee Knight of Commerce, and one sister, Rosemary McGee of Cape Gir-ardeau.
She was preceded in death by her husband, three brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at the Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City, Mo., from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will follow in Oakdale Cemetery at Commerce.