- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Sharon Kay Moore, 59, of Cape Girardeau died Friday Aug. 30, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 30, 1942, at St. Louis, daughter of Curtis Jefferson and Florence Ethel Benson Rose. She and Harold A. Moore were married May 2, 1959, at Scott City, Mo.
Moore worked 12 years at Southeast Missouri Hospital in surgery and in the emergency room as a surgery technician.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Harold J. Moore of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Darlene Barnhart of Jackson, Mo., and Barbara Smith of Louisville, Ky.; one brother, Phillip Rose of La Place, La.; and two sisters, Jeannie Martin of Ports-mouth, Va., and Sandra Whitmore of Chaffee, Mo.; seven grandchildren; and one great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her stepmother and two brothers.
Friends may call at the Ford and Sons Sprigg St. Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Lowell Benson officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.