- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Lesa J. Blankenship, 42, of Advance died Thursday, Aug. 29, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 12, 1959, at Sikeston, Mo., daughter of Charles "Sonny" and Mary McMillion Thompson. She and Harold Blankenship were married Sept. 27, 1980, in Advance.
Survivors include her husband; her mother of Advance; two brothers, Clay Thompson of Puxico, Mo., Brandon Thompson of Advance; two sisters, Julie Vandermierden of Glennon, Mo., Rena Thompson of Puxico; paternal grandmother, Lillian Thompson of Advance; and maternal grandmother, Mary McMillion of Bloomfield, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her father.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ray Placher officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.