- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Amy Nell Surlet, 80, of Chaffee died Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 6, 1922, at Whitewater, Mo., daughter of Louis and Mary Jane Hedge Rhodes. She and Herb Surlet were married in July 1976. He preceded her in death.
Surlet was a member of First Baptist Church in Whitewater, Mo.
Survivors include five daughters, Martha LaVergne of Picayune, Miss., Betty Shuls of Georgetown, Fla., Judy Semkin of New London, Mo., Carol Jeffries of Villa Ridge, Mo., Cindy Diggs of St. Louis; two sisters, Genevia Dirden of Cape Girardeau, Loretta Crites of Whitewater; 16 grandchildren; and 31 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a brother, a grandson, and two great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the chapel. The Rev. Cliff Day will officiate, assisted by Gerald Jones. Burial will be in Crump Cemetery at Crump, Mo.