- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Lucy Jeston Busick, 78, of Advance died Monday, Aug. 26, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 25, 1924, in Roanoke, Va. She married Judd Elrod in 1946, who preceded her in death. She then married Linwood Busick in 1968, who also preceded her in death.
Busick attended Advance Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Survivors include four sons, Donnie Elrod of Advance, Andrew Elrod of Conway, Ark., Neal Elrod of Houston, Ark., Bill Elrod of Perryville, Ark.; a daughter, Connie Reese of Glenwood, Ill.; 11 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and three sisters.
A memorial service will be held at 4 p.m. Saturday at the Advance Kingdom Hall. Billy Smith will be the speaker.
Morgan Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.