- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SCOTT CITY, Mo. -- Eddie M. August, 76, of Wixom, Mich., died Friday, Aug. 16, 2002, at his home.
He was born Jan. 1, 1926, at Fornfelt, Mo., son of Mason and Josephine Welter August. He and Marge Creighton were married in 1949.
August served in the U.S. Marine Corps during World War II. He was formerly of Scott City.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Kurt August of Detroit, Mich.; a daughter, Terri Lee of Detroit, Mich.; a brother, Douglas August of Scott City; three sisters, Florence Eifert of Scott City, Geraldine Rainey of St. Charles, Mo., and Nellie Zander of Brighton, Mich.
The funeral was held Aug. 19 at Lynch and Sons Funeral Home in Walled Lake, Mich., with Chaplain Bill Hale officiating.
Announcement courtesy of Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.