- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Earl J. Brewer, 67, of Perryville died Monday, Aug. 26, 2002, at his home.
He was born Jan. 16, 1935, in Perry County, son of Edgar T. and Clorcie G. Valleroy Brewer. He and Judith Thompson were married April 27, 1961, at Sereno, Mo. She died Oct. 30, 1980.
Brewer was a farmer. He was a member of Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church at Sereno, Holy Name Society, American Legion, and was a 3rd Degree member of Knights of Columbus.
Survivors include a daughter, Tracie Brewer of Perryville; two sons, Scott Brewer of Chester, Ill., Jeff Brewer of Jefferson City, Mo.; two sisters, Dolores Buchheit and Wanda Berkbigler of Perryville; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three brothers.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and Thursday from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. The parish wake and Knights of Columbus service will be at 7 tonight. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Thursday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Our Lady of Victory Church. The Rev. Francis Agnew will officiate. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery, with military rites to be conducted by American Legion Post 133.