- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Daisy L. Zimmerman, 98, of Advance died Monday, Aug. 26, 2002, at Advance Nursing Center.
She was born June 9, 1904, at Sedgewickville, Mo., daughter of George Finis and Ella Lou Johnson Ellis. She and H.K. "Bank" Zimmerman were married Dec. 25, 1934, at Sedgewickville. He preceded her in death Nov. 2, 1986.
Daisy was a retired schoolteacher. She attended Will Mayfield College in Marble Hill, Mo.
She was an active member of Advance United Methodist Church, where she was an MYF youth leader and in the Women's Society. Daisy was also a charter member of Wednesday Study Club, MP Social Club, member and past matron of Order of Eastern Star, Advance Bridge Club and Painton Extension Club.
Survivors include a daughter and son-in-law, Linda and Jerry Eggimann of Advance; a grandson, Dirk Eggimann of Advance; two granddaughters, Stacy Eggimann Harris of Inman, Kan., Cassie Marshall of Carrollton, Ga.; four great-grandchildren, Blake and Kate Marshall of Carrollton, Taylor and Zane Eggimann of Advance; a brother, Ben Ellis of Sedgewickville; and a sister, Grace Reid of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and three sisters.
We, the family, wish to invite you to honor her wonderful life on Thursday from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at Morgan Funeral Home, or Friday at Advance United Methodist Church at 11 a.m.
Eastern Star rites will be at 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
The Rev. Jack Ketcher will officiate at the funeral service, assisted by the Rev. Tom Zych. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the wonderful staff of Advance Nursing Center.