- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
GORDONVILLE, Mo. -- Gerry Whitler, 74, of Gordonville died Monday, Aug. 26, 2002, at Monticello House in Jackson, Mo.
She was born Nov. 10, 1927, in Cairo, Ill., daughter of James and Ina Tabor Flannary. She and Leo E. "Moose" Knutson were married May 1, 1960, in Cairo, Ill. He died Nov. 13, 1974. She later married E. Leon Whitler Oct. 8, 1976, in East Prairie, Mo.
Whitler was a member of Christ Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Lanny Knutson of Fort Myers, Fla., Greg Knutson of Dexter, Mo.; three daughters, Robin Cook of Jackson, Mo., Rebecca Dahlstedt of Mountain View, Ark., Bonita Hinchey of Richmond, Calif.; a twin brother, Gerald Flannary of East Alton, Ill.; three grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Art Hunt officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.