- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
The funeral for Billy Junior Jones of Cape Girardeau was held Saturday at Pleasant Grove Missionary Baptist Church in New Albany, Miss. The Rev. Raymond Shugars officiated. Burial was in the church cemetery.
Beasley Funeral Home in New Albany was in charge of arrangements.
Jones, 30, died Monday, Aug. 19, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Nov. 27, 1971, in Kemper, Miss., son of Claritha Jones Berry and Roy Lee Brown.
Jones was a graduate of Ingomar High School, and member of Pleasant Grove Church. He had lived in Cape Girardeau six years.
Survivors include seven children, Laquinta Jones, Bianca Englund and Preuna Harris, all of New Albany, Destiny Jones, Lexis Jones, Swanisha Betts, and a newborn, all of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Crystal Jones of New Albany; two brothers, Eddie and Anthony Jones of New Albany; two stepbrothers, Jimmy Walker and Dartanyus Harris of Missouri; and a stepsister, Joannie Smith of Missouri.
He was preceded in death by two children, his parents, and grandparents.