- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Sikeston teen dies in crash
BENTON, Mo. -- A Sikeston, Mo., teen sustained fatal injuries in a one-vehicle accident Friday.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the accident occurred at 8:50 p.m. on Interstate 55 at Benton when the southbound vehicle driven by 16-year-old Savannah Seabaugh of Scott City, Mo., ran off the right side of the road and struck a concrete pillar. She was seriously injured and airlifted to St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
A passenger, Jeffrey Kallbreier, was pronounced dead at the scene by Scott County Coroner Scott Amick. The body was taken to Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston.