- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Sikeston teen dies in crash
BENTON, Mo. -- A Sikeston, Mo., teen sustained fatal injuries in a one-vehicle accident Friday.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the accident occurred at 8:50 p.m. on Interstate 55 at Benton when the southbound vehicle driven by 16-year-old Savannah Seabaugh of Scott City, Mo., ran off the right side of the road and struck a concrete pillar. She was seriously injured and airlifted to St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
A passenger, Jeffrey Kallbreier, was pronounced dead at the scene by Scott County Coroner Scott Amick. The body was taken to Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston.