- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
ORAN, Mo. -- Guardian Angel Catholic Church was the setting Aug. 25, 2001, for the wedding of Kari Nichole Mansker and Jason Michael Montgomery. The Rev. J. Friedel of Cape Girardeau performed the ceremony. Pianist was Dana Lynch of Oran, and vocalists were Calvin Garner of Cape Girardeau and Alexis Anthony of St. Louis.
Readers were Tami Rendleman of Oran, aunt of the bride; Debbie Montgomery of Kelso, Mo., aunt of the groom; Ronnie Diebold Jr., Josh Diebold and Hali Rendleman, all of Oran and cousins of the bride.
Parents of the bride are Eula Mansker and Karen Pobst of Oran. The groom is the son of Cecil and Jane Montgomery of Kelso.
Maid of honor was Jamie Mansker of Oran, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Stephanie and Megan Mansker of Oran, sisters of the bride; Brandi Overfield of Oran, cousin of the bride; and Amy Chandler of St. Louis.
Wayne Schreckenberg of Leopold, Mo., was best man. Groomsmen were Jordan Dame of Michigan, Chris Blattel of Murphysboro, Ill., Doug Overfield of Oran, and Eric Niedbalski of St. Louis. Junior groomsman was Kurt Rendleman of Oran, cousin and godchild of the bride. Ushers were Shawn Elfrink of Sikeston, Mo., brother-in-law of the groom; Jason Todt of Cape Girardeau, Calvin Garner and Kurt Rendleman.
Flower girls were Conner Elfrink of Sikeston, niece of the groom, and Kaitlyn Wittu of Oran, niece of the bride. Ringbearers were Sawyer and Denver Elfrink of Sikeston, nephews of the groom, and Kameron Wittu of Oran, nephew of the bride. Denver is also a godchild of the couple.
Candlelighters were Gina Elfrink of Sikeston, sister of the groom, and Lisa Scherer of Benton, Mo., cousin of the bride.
Guest book attendants were Amanda Riley of Blodgett, Mo., cousin of the groom, and Lexie Todt of Oran, cousin of the bride. Programs were handed out by Lucas and Lauren Dirnberger of Oran.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Drury Lodge in Cape Girardeau. Server was Gail Riley of Blodgett, aunt of the groom.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 24 at Kelso Parish Hall.
Mrs. Montgomery is a 1994 graduate of Oran High School, and a 2001 graduate of Stage One the Hair School. She is employed at Applebee's in Cape Girardeau and Clippity Clip in Oran.
The groom is a 1993 graduate of Chaffee High School. He is employed at Do It Best Corp. in Cape Girardeau.
After a wedding trip to Cancun, Mexico, the couple resides in Oran.