- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
JACKSON, Mo. -- Melissa Wooster and Ashley Wischmann were united in marriage May 18, 2002, at St. Paul Lutheran Church. The Rev. David Johnson performed the double ring ceremony.
Parents of the bride are Patty Main of Jackson and Ron Wooster of Lake Arrowhead, Calif. The groom is the son of Gus and Trisha Wischmann of Jackson.
Maid of honor was Ashley Miller of Jackson. Bridesmaids were Linda Wischmann of O'Fallon, Mo., sister-in-law of the groom; Ashley Powers and Laura Nenninger, both of Jackson.
Nicholas Tuschhoff of Jackson served the groom as best man. Groomsmen were Richard Wischmann of O'Fallon, brother of the groom; Anthony Werner, cousin of the bride, and Derek Wischmann, brother of the groom, both of Jackson. Ushers were Jonathan Welter and Rodney Sebaugh of Cape Girardeau.
Candlelighters were Matthias Gneiser and Peter Dirr of Egg, Germany.
Flower girls were Trisha and Samantha Werner, daughters of Kevin and Lori Werner of Mechanicsburg, Pa., and cousins of the bride. Ringbearers were Neil and Landon Johnson, son of Brian and Angela Johnson of Marble Hill, Mo., and cousins of the groom.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Trisha's Bed and Breakfast. Servers were Amberly Engert of Jackson, cousin of the bride, and Nancy Lape.
Mrs. Wischmann is a sophomore at Southeast Missouri State University, majoring in elementary education. She is a secretary at First General Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a member of Missouri National Guard and is preparing to attend flight school in Fort Rucker, Ala.
The couple resides in Cape Girardeau.