- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- St. Ambrose Catholic Church was the setting June 15, 2002, for the wedding of Sara Marie Sheeley and Charles Keith Hemingway. The Rev. Ralph Duffner performed the double ring ceremony. Music was provided by Cheryl Oberhaus of Cape Girardeau and Mary Jansen of Leopold, Mo. Vocalists were Alan Bruns of Cape Girardeau and Yasuko Yamaguchi of New York City.
Parents of the couple are Don and Leeada Sheeley of Chaffee and Dennis and Joann Hemingway of Perryville, Mo.
Cindy Gadberry of Chaffee was her sister's matron of honor. Bridesmaids were Tammy Drury of Cape Girardeau; Michelle Goodrum of Imperial, Mo.; Sarah Hemingway of St. Louis, sister of the groom; Mindy Margrabe of Florissant, Mo.; Teresa Lynch of Belleville, Mo.; Kelly Burton of St. Louis; and Yasuko Yamaguchi.
Best man was Joel Sansoucie of Cape Girardeau. Groomsmen were Philip Wallace and Perry Sheeley, brother of the bride, both of Cape Girardeau; James Hemingway of Perryville, brother of the groom; Shawn Buskey of Michigan; James Hilmas of St. Louis, Michael Kilgore of Woodstock; and Joseph Jones of Columbia, Mo. Ushers were Jordan Duncan of Cape Girardeau and Richard Hinkebein of Chaffee, cousins of the bride; and Vaughn and Victor Pitts of South Carolina, cousins of the groom.
Flower girl was Megan Sheeley, daughter of Perry and Rhonda Sheeley and niece of the bride. Ringbearer was C.J. Grabenhofer, son of Fred and Donna Grabenhofer of Chicago and cousin of the groom.
Candlelighter was Samantha Hinkebein, daughter of Tara Duncan of Cape Girardeau and cousin of the bride.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the Elks Lodge. Servers were Rhonda Sheeley, sister-in-law of the bride, and Valerie Dirnberger of Oran, Mo., cousin of the bride.
The parents of the bride and groom hosted the rehearsal dinner June 14 at Sisters Restaurant.
Mrs. Hemingway is a 1990 graduate of Chaffee High School, received a bachelor of science degree in 1994 and a master's degree in 1997 in communication disorders from Southeast Missouri State University. She is a speech/language pathologist at Franklin Elementary School in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a 1990 graduate of Perryville High School, and a 1995 graduate of the U.S. Navy nuclear program. He was a reactor operator with the Navy until 1999. He is a user support analyst with the University of Missouri-Columbia Hospitals and Clinics.
The couple resides in Chaffee.