- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)8
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Fake UFC event listing stirs the pot at local Golden Corral (2/10/18)3
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
People talk 8B
Damon promoting 'Identity' in Taiwan
TAIPEI, Taiwan -- Paging director Ang Lee -- Matt Damon wants to work with you.
"It would be a dream to work with someone like Ang," said Damon, star of "The Rainmaker," "Good Will Hunting" and "The Talented Mr. Ripley."
"As a director there are very few people in the world (like Ang Lee) who are doing it at that level," he said.
The 31-year-old actor was in Taipei Friday to promote his new film, "The Bourne Identity."
Lee's movies include the Oscar-winning "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," "The Ice Storm" and "Sense and Sensibility."
Jennifer Connelly and Nick Nolte star in the Taiwanese director's upcoming film, "The Hulk," scheduled for release next year.
Wells, West team up for 'Love Letters'
RIVERTON, Wyo. -- Here's an interesting theatrical combination: Mary Ann from "Gilligan's Island" and Batman.
Dawn Wells has joined with longtime friend Adam West in bringing the play "Love Letters" to the Robert A. Peck Arts Center on Aug. 30. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door. A $30 ticket includes an after-show party.
Wells, who starred in the '60s "Gilligan's Island" sitcom, is raising money for local students to attend her Film Actor's Boot Camp in Driggs, Idaho. West played Bruce Wayne -- aka Batman -- in the '60s fantasy adventure.
Singer Vince Neil will return to nightclub
DENVER -- Motley Crue lead singer Vince Neil will return to a Steamboat Springs nightclub after walking off stage last week, his manager said Friday.
Neil left the Levelz nightclub in this resort town Aug. 14 after someone threw something on stage, manager Burt Stein said. Stein said Neil felt threatened and left after performing about three songs.
"I've informed every artist I work with that if something starts flying on stage, get off the stage," Stein said. "It could turn into a real ugly scene."
Stein said no date had been set for the repeat performance.
McCartney is 'Driving' force in Mexico City
MEXICO CITY -- Mexico City will be among the stops on the last leg of former Beatle Paul McCartney's "Driving" tour.
The concerts will be held Nov. 25. and Nov. 27 at the 18,000-seat Palacio de los Deportes, a sports arena in central Mexico City, organizers said this week.
"Mexico City audiences are very participative, and that's my kind of crowd," McCartney said in a statement.
-- From wire reports