- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SEMO exhibition soccer
Otahkians win exhibition game on late goal
On a last-minute goal by sophomore Erin Slattery the Otahkians slipped by Busch-Hulcer 1-0 in an exhibition game Saturday night at Houck Stadium.
Saturday's exhibition game was a showcase for Southeast's air-tight defense. The Otahkians allowed only one shot on goal and did not allow a single shot in the first half.
New goalkeepers Amanda Wrzos and Lauren Fabbro played a half each to combine for the shutout. Southeast's new goaltending tandem picked up where newly hired assistant coach Beth Guccione left off last year, when she recorded 13 solo shutouts.
Southeast will open their regular season Aug. 30 when they host Indiana State as a part of the Labor Day Tournament.
-- From staff reports