- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ORAN, Mo. -- The funeral for Coena Anna Amschler of Oran will be held at 10 a.m. Monday at Guardian Angel Catholic Church. The Revs. John Harth and Normand Varone will officiate. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran. Parish prayers will be at 7.
Amschler, 83, died Thursday, Aug. 22, 2002, at Chaffee Nursing Center in Chaffee, Mo.
She was born Jan. 4, 1919, at Oran, daughter of Andrew and Anna Essner Klipfel. She and Theo Amschler were married Nov. 9, 1957.
Amschler was a member of Guardian Angel Church and St. Ann's Sodality.
Survivors include her husband, and a sister, Cyrilla Uelsmann of Morley, Mo.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.