- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cape woman hurt in car wreck
JACKSON, Mo. -- A Cape Girardeau woman sustained moderate injuries Wednesday when her vehicle overturned on Interstate 55 north of Jackson.
Rhonda Ruark, 33, was taken to St. Francis Medical Center after the 5:55 p.m. accident. It occurred on southbound I-55, three miles north of Jackson.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Ruark lost control of the vehicle and it ran into the grass median before overturning.