- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Chicago woman gives birth in Starbucks
WILMETTE, Ill. -- A Chicago woman and her son recuperated at a hospital Wednesday, one day after she gave birth in a Starbucks bathroom in Wilmette.
Lisabeth Rohlck and her son were in good condition at Evanston Northwestern Hospital, officials said. She was driving Tuesday when she went into labor and pulled into a shopping center.
Rohlck went in a Starbucks and entered its bathroom.
"I was in the back room and I heard cries for help," said Griffin Baron, shift manager. He said a customer ran to help Rohlck, along with employees. The employees spread towels on the floor as her contractions intensified.
"It was about four minutes later that we heard a baby crying," Baron said.
Wilmette Fire Department personnel arrived, checked and cleaned the baby and wrapped him in towels.
The boy was 7 pounds, 10 ounces and 20 inches long.