- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)12
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Italian authorities alerted of possible terror attacks
ROME -- Security forces have been warned about the possibility of attacks on religious ceremonies in Italy after anti-terror investigators came across postcards with pictures of Italian churches, an Interior Ministry official said Wednesday.
The official refused to identify the churches or say where the postcards were found, but said authorities distributed a warning to domestic security forces in July. The Interior Ministry is responsible for domestic security.
"The postcards were found during an investigation in several places," said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
"These are still confidential investigations."
Word of the warnings came a day after police arrested four Moroccans and an Italian suspected of planning to attack a Bologna basilica with a 15th-century fresco inside that depicts the Muslim prophet Muhammad being devoured by demons in hell.